Undergraduate (Bachelors Degree)
The PPE program is an interdisciplinary bachelor’s degree combining the study of philosophy, economics and political science. The degree provides students with a broad general knowledge base and a toolkit that will allow them to serve as experts in applied fields that require a background in economics, public policy and politics. The target audience of the program are those who envision themselves as future leaders in public service, the business sector, and international organizations. These aspiring leaders will need to prepare to prepare to face a complex future taking place in a multi-faceted strategic environment that spans the local, regional and global levels.
The PPE program prepares students for this challenge by equipping them with skills and viewpoints that offer new perspectives through which to address a wide range of issues shaping Israel’s political and economic environment. The program responds to a pressing need in the public service for a new generation of employees who are not only versed in economic policymaking and narrow practical insights, but are capable of discerning the wider perspective of society’s needs, and are able to weigh the needs against values such as social justice, solidarity, and personal autonomy.*
In recent years, PPE programs have transformed the personal and professional profile of employees and managers in Israel’s public sector, and we are proud to invite students at the University of Haifa to join this promising pathway.
Advantages of the program:
· Tuition scholarships that exempt students from first year tuition fees (for those who are admitted on the basis of their psychometric scores).
· The option of residence in the university dormitory.
· A study-work placement at leading national institutions
· The possibility of continuing towards graduate studies in a range of fields.
* The awarding of a degree is conditional on the approval of the Council for Higher Education.