General Admission Requirements:
1. Complete Matriculation Certificate/ high school diploma or an equivalent recognized by the Israeli Ministry of Education or by the Registration Department.
2. Psychometric Entrance Examination/ SAT or ACT.
3. Knowledge of English– The level of English is determined within the framework of the Psychometric Entrance Examination, the English Placement Tests (AMIR /AMIRAM) or SAT, TOFEL, IELTS, ECRL tests.
The minimum level of English required for admission to the university is Basic (a score of at least 85). Certain departments require a higher
4. Knowledge of Hebrew – Applicants who took the Psychometric Entrance Examination in a language other than Hebrew and graduated from high schools where the language of instruction was not Hebrew, must prove satisfactory knowledge of Hebrew before the beginning of the academic year by passing a Hebrew Proficiency Test (YAEL/ YAELNET/ Hebrew classification test of the University of Haifa* ). The score required for admission to the University of Haifa is a score of at least 120 on the YAEL/ YAELNET/ Hebrew classification tests.
Applicants whose scores on the YAEL/ YAELNET/Hebrew classification tests range from 90-119 and their Psychometric score was at least 500 will be conditionally admitted and will have to pass the Hebrew Proficiency Test at the required score by the end of the first year of their studies. These students also have the option of studying a Hebrew literacy course within the framework of the University of Haifa preparatory program (Mechina) . Those who meet the course requirements and their final score in the course will be 85 and above will be exempt from the Hebrew condition.
Please note that certain departments require a higher level of Hebrew and that some departments do not approve admission with a Hebrew condition.
*The Hebrew classification test and Hebrew literacy course is valid at the University of Haifa only.
5.Departmental Entrance Examinations/Special admissions requirements– Certain departments require applicants to take a departmental Entrance Examinations and/or attend an interview or meet other departmental requirements.
For more information about the general admission requirements please read the supplement.
In addition to the general university admission requirements, the candidate must meet individual departmental admission requirements.
- A weighted grade of 600
- “Bachelor’s Degree in Two Years” program—a weighted grade of 600, “Basic” level English , Hebrew Proficiency Test (YAEL) score of at least 120 ( for candidates from non-Hebrew schools).
- For the calculator that rates the likelihood of your admission, click here.
We will also consider candidates with a weighted grade that is 5% lower than the requirements.
Admission Requirements for Students who have a Matriculation Certificate** but have not taken the Psychometric Exam:
1.Matriculation holders with an average of 102 or higher.
2.Candidates who have completed the university’s preparatory course with outstanding grades, will be accepted with an average grade of 85 in the preparatory course certificate (for more information click here).
3. Candidates with an average matriculation grade of 75 and more, or a weighted grade less than 600, will be required to take two pre-undergraduate track courses in the first semester worth 8 credits, and receive an average grade of at least 76 if they are dual majors. If they are single majors, they are required to take three pre- undergraduate track courses worth 12 credits and to receive an average grade of at least 76.
(Full details on the department’s website).
3. Holders of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution, with a weighted average grade of 75 or more.
4. Admission based on previous studies – Applicants with at least 3 academic courses, from recognized academic institutions, can contact the department to examine the possibility of being accepted based on their previous studies.
*The University reserves the right to change or amend the admission regulations, fees and tuition at any time without prior notification.
** Matriculation certificate = Israeli matriculation certificate or equivalent