Student Retention & Graduation Coefficient Unit
The Student Retention & Graduation Coefficient Unit operates under the auspices of the Academic Secretariat.
The Unit was established in May 2020 with the objective of working to reduce the student dropout rate and improve the graduation coefficient rate at the University of Haifa.
The Unit is charged with modelling and implementing processes for improving the University graduation coefficient rate, and reducing and stopping students from dropping out of higher education while building a statistical quantitative approach to attain these goals.
The Unit’s functions:
- Assistance in initiating and leading data and metric-based modelling – implementation of improvement procedures in the area of teaching component of PBC’s higher education budgeting model and the operational derivatives therefrom (Dropout rates, graduation coefficient rates).
- Assisting the Dean of Teaching and the Academic Secretary in their work with the University units in implementing the Administration’s policies regarding reducing dropout rates and improving graduation coefficient rate.
- Initiating and monitoring improvements in management systems and operation of student administration interfaces – including involvement in characterizing and analyzing support systems for work processes, defining improved work processes while monitoring their assimilation, and automation of work processes using organizational information systems.
- Initiating, planning and execution of studies, surveys and data gathering and organization toward determination of academic policy in the areas of graduation coefficient rate and dropout reduction.
- Data analysis and complex analysis of information, while gleaning administrative insights and providing recommendations for implementation.
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of dropout rates. Identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
- Identifying student groups that should be dealt with by various designated units (Departments, Office of the Dean of Students).
- Responsible for developing a statistical model for predicting dropout and assimilating the model implementation in the University of Haifa.
- Performing tasks in line with changing needs.
- Development and implementation of various projects.
- Cooperation with external and internal stakeholders.
Ms. Elena Zusmanovich, Head, Student Retention & Graduation Coefficient Unit
Office phone number: 04-824-9181