Ph.D. Study Departments
Ph.D. in Political Science
The purpose of the PhD academic program is to train high quality researchers in the diverse disciplines and theories of political science. The academic framework allows independent research work conducted by the student under the guidance of the supervisor, together with an interaction with other students in the School, the University and in general. Each PhD student can specialize in one of the following areas: international relations,
public policy and administration and political government and theory. The Division allows its students joint guidance with lecturers engaged in subjects that are not covered by the School and encourages students to meet and study from the experience of these researchers in and out of the School.
The study program towards a PhD degree is about to undergo a major reform. It emphasizes excellence and quality and aspires to provide competitive skills to its graduates in order to adapt to the far reaching changes in the different academic disciplines and the complex global academic environment of the 21st century.
Third degree scholarships are provided by the Graduate Studies Authority according to an internal classification of the School, and including assistance in the following areas:
– Study scholarships for Stage A research students
– Study scholarships for Stage B research students
– A foundation financing research conducted by research students
– Grants for publication of chapters/books/articles
– Grant for participation in scientific or professional conference
– Special grant for encouragement of submission of research proposal to external competitive foundations
– Research/complementary scholarship on account of research budget.